all things about quilting including pictures.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Trip to Pennsylvania!


Last week I returned from a 5 day trip to PA to visit with the Amish. Our leader, Deb, has been there many times and has made several friends there. We stayed in a hotel but we actually ate in different Amish homes every night. That was very interesting. One picture is of our tour guide, Rachel. She took us to a replica of what an Amish home would look like during a church service. They are held in a different home every other Sunday. We liked her a lot. She was brought up Amish but is now a Mennonite. The other picture is all of us just before we boarded the bus to head home. It was a wonderful trip!

1 Comments:

Blogger My Life and Quilting said...

Hi Kathy... Lucky you ... I always wanted to do the trip to the Amish country.... Sure wish I went with you... I am happy that you had a great time... :)

11:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home