all things about quilting including pictures.

Sunday, August 04, 2013

My 65th Birthday!


I used to hate to tell people my age.  Now I say, what the heck!!  I'm happy to have made it this far.  Unfortunately, both my sisters didn't make it to 50.  So, I'm blessed!!  George got me a sewing machine for my birthday.  It's what I wanted.  I wanted a small one that I could lift easy and take to workshops.  We had to go off the Cape yesterday, so he suggested that we go to the Quilt shop in Canton on the way and get this.  We got a good deal plus he is holding the payment until Saturday so we can get it tax free! My friend, Rita, came by with this lovely necklace for me.  Love the color.  So thoughtful.  Thanks.  Went to the Piccadilly Deli this morning and they put a candle in a whoopie pie and sang happy birthday to me.  Very nice. It was nice to be surrounded by friends, Lee and John, Allen and Judy.  Ed and Suzanne couldn't be there.  They had a prior commitment, but I know they were there in spirit!  Got lots of nice wishes on Facebook and lovely cards!!   Later we are having a cookout with JoAnna, Kenny, Erin and Denim.  All in all, a great day!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home