all things about quilting including pictures.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Quilt Guild!!



We had a guest speaker at our guild last night. Her name is Christine Fries-Ureel. She lives in Vermont and is a quilt teacher. She's entered quilts in quilt shows and won! I especially like the one she calls Miranda the Tempest! The blowing hair is unbelievable in detail. You can feel that you are actually looking out to sea at a shipwreck!! She said it took her 10 months to complete. The baby floating in the water took her almost as long to make! I'll post some more of her work in the next few days.

3 Comments:

Blogger Suz said...

I clicked on the pix to enlarge the image and I can really see the detail. The Tempest one is unbelievable. The baby one is very good too. (but I would have liked it better if there hadn't been a squirrel in the tree! YOu kno how I feel about those darn rodents!) Seriously, these are really works of art. Thanks for sharing. And have fun at the SEaside Festival this weekend. See you there! Suzanne

8:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya reckon the "baby" is Moses? Have fun at the sea side festival.Don't forget my shirt,ha,ha!
Love Ya

10:33 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya reckon the "baby" is Moses? Have fun at the sea side festival.Don't forget my shirt,ha,ha!
Love Ya

10:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home